This is my favorite salmon recipe that I put together in college. This can be done on the grill or in the oven. By pairing salmon with rich/tangy lemon, rosemary and garlic sauce, this is a great summertime meal. Serve with grilled/baked veggies (I prefer broccoli, Brussels sprouts or green beans). Enjoy!
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®), or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste
- 4 teaspoons white wine, or to taste
- 8 slices fresh lemon
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Season salmon with seafood seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Arrange salmon in the center of a large piece of aluminum foil; add lemon juice, 4 teaspoons olive oil, and white wine. Top each fillet with 2 lemon slices, capers, and a fresh rosemary sprig. Fold three of the sides of the foil toward the middle, creating a foil bag.
- Whisk mayonnaise, mustard, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon zest, chopped rosemary, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl until sauce is smooth.
- Cook salmon on the preheated grill until fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve sauce alongside cooked salmon.