This is my original recipe, although there might be a zillion egg recipes very similar to it. The number of servings depends upon your appetite and what else is on the table to go with it.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Season-All®)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped deli slices applewood-smoked ham
- 1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Beat eggs, milk, seasoned salt, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; saute jalapeno in hot oil until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add ham to jalapeno and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Pour egg mixture into ham mixture. Cook and stir until eggs are set but not dry, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese over eggs; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Transfer eggs to a plate and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.