I love this stuffing recipe. The whole family loves it and it is super easy to make. I used to help my mom break up the bread. It became a fun family tradition.
- 1 1/2 (1 pound) loaves white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch celery, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package sage seasoning mixture
- Allow the bread to become stale overnight. Break stale bread into pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Slowly cook and stir the celery and onions until the onions are soft. Transfer to the bowl with bread and mix by hand until well blended.
- Sprinkle the mixture with sage seasoning and use to stuff the bird.