This chicken is stuffed with cheese and bacon and covered with mushrooms and Irish cream sauce. It goes great with roasted potatoes with a creamy cheese sauce.
- 5 (5 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped bacon
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- 8 red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 fluid ounces Irish cream liqueur
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 fluid ounces Irish cream liqueur
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Slice a pocket in thick side of each chicken breast.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of chopped bacon into the center of a provolone slice; fold cheese around bacon and stuff into a chicken breast. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Arrange stuffed chicken breasts on a baking sheet and sprinkle with water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken meat is no longer pink inside, the bacon is cooked, and the provolone cheese has melted, about 1 hour.
- Cover potatoes with water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat 2/3 cup heavy cream in a saucepan over low heat; stir in mozzarella cheese and melt. Pour mozzarella cheese mixture into the saucepan with potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place 5 slices of bacon into a skillet over medium heat and cook, turning occasionally, until bacon is just starting to brown but is still soft, about 5 minutes. Drain fat; transfer bacon to a plate and allow to cool until easy to handle.
- Wrap 1 bacon slice around 10 green beans and secure with a toothpick; repeat with remaining bacon slices.
- Place green bean bundles in the skillet and cook over medium heat until bacon is browned and crisp and the green beans are tender, about 10 minutes; turn often.
- Pour 2 fluid ounces Irish cream liqueur and 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream into the skillet with green bean bundles over low heat; spoon over green bean bundles. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms until most of the liquid has evaporated about 10 minutes.
- Stir 5 fluid ounces of Irish cream and 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream into mushrooms over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook until sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour mushroom sauce over baked stuffed chicken. Serve green bean bundles and potatoes on the side.