The best healthy alternative to breaded fried okra. So good with fresh purple hull or field peas on a vegetable plate, or so good served as an appetizer with my ‘ComeBack My Way’ sauce!
- cooking spray
- 1 pound fresh okra
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Prepare a grill basket with cooking spray.
- Trim stem ends of okra close to the top without piercing the pods; put into a large bowl.
- Drizzle canola oil over okra pods. Season okra with garlic powder, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Spread okra into the prepared grill basket.
- Cook on preheated grill, turning frequently, until tender and browned in spots, 4 to 6 minutes.