A touch of bacon and a splash of apple juice enhance the savory flavors in this traditional beef, potato and cabbage dish. Enjoy this easy skillet dinner on nights when there’s no time to cook.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon, ground beef and onion in 12-inch nonstick skillet until meat is browned. Drain grease. Add cabbage, beef broth, apple juice and salt.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook until cabbage is tender. Stir in cooked hash browns.