There’s almost nothing the air fryer can’t crisp up. These onion rings are my favorite air fried snacks.
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into 1/2 in (1 1/4 cm)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Add the panko and eggs to 2 separate bowls.
- Coat the onion rings in the flour, then in the eggs, then in the panko.
- In batches, add the onion rings to the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 6–8 minutes, or until golden brown.