Fried Pickle Chips have been a thing for some time now. I have tried my own version of fried pickles in restaurants and am almost always a fan. Though I absolutely hate frying things at home. Therefore, I defaulted to my handy dandy Airfryer and made this healthier low-fat snack.
- 32 oz. jar whole large dill pickles
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 c. grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill weed
- Slice the large pickles diagonally into 1/4″ thick slices. Place between layers of paper towels and pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs until smooth. In a resealable bag, add the Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan and dill weed and shake until well combined.
- In batches of 4-5 pieces, dip the pickle slices into the egg mixture, being sure to remove any excess egg and then toss in the Panko mixture.
- Add half of the coated pickle chips into the Airfryer and bake for 8-10 minutes on the highest temperature. Remove from the Airfryer and add the remaining pickle chips and bake for 8-10 minutes. Serve immediately with ranch for dipping.