Chik-fil-a nuggets are like gold in my family. To please my kids and to save some money I went on a search to find the real deal recipe.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into 1″ chunks
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 inches of peanut oil
- In a food processor, add the breadcrumbs and process until very fine.
- In a large ziplock bag or a bowl add the chicken pieces, the milk, and the eggs and combine. (I usually just close the bag and squish it together)
- Put the chicken in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large dutch oven fill it 3 inches deep with peanut oil and heat to 365-375 degrees (medium-high heat until a piece dropped in immediately bubbles up but doesn’t burn quickly).
- Put the breadcrumbs, flour, powdered sugar, Kosher salt, white pepper, chili powder in a bowl and whisk together.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and let dry for a few minutes.
- Fry in batches (avoid crowding them) until golden brown (2-3 minutes) and remove to a sheet pan.
- Don’t drain on paper towels, it’ll create steam and soften the nugget