Cheesy garlic biscuits like those allegedly served at a famous seafood restaurant. They are a perfect match. Makes about 12 biscuits.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- For the Topping: 2 tablespoons unsalted melted butter, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley (or ¼ teaspoon dried)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- While the biscuits are in the oven, stir together the 2 tablespoons melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush with the topping mixture.
- Allow cooling for at least 5 minutes before serving.