This recipe goes great for brunch or dinner.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen diced hash brown potatoes (such as Ore-Ida®), thawed
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, or more as needed
- 1 pinch Montreal-style steak seasoning, or to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 pinch seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 1 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- Melt butter and olive oil together in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook and stir potatoes, chicken, onion, green bell pepper, chicken broth, steak seasoning, garlic powder, and seasoned salt in the hot butter-oil mixture until chicken is no longer pink in the center and liquid is evaporated, 15 to 20 minutes. Add more olive oil if mixture becomes dry.
- Stir broccolini and Cheddar cheese into chicken hash; cook until broccolini are tender and Cheddar cheese is melted, 2 to 3 more minutes.