This is a great recipe to have with friends and family, or for a buffet line. I love to invite a few friends over and serve this with a few other appetizers. A friend brought me a version of this recipe and through a little tweaking, we were able to come up with this great dish.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion, or to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 chicken tenders
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 toothpicks
- 6 tablespoons pepper jelly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Set a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Mix cream cheese, green onion, jalapeno pepper, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Pound chicken tenders into a rectangular shape with the flat side of a meat tenderizer. Place 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of each tender; fold into a pouch.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each pouch and secure with a toothpick. Top with some pepper jelly. Arrange on the wire rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear, about 35 minutes.