This is a favorite of my granddaughters and has become a tradition at Christmas time for the kids. We top the pie with colored sprinkles to match the occasion. You can also use ginger snaps in this recipe for variety.
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9 ounce) package thin chocolate wafers
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package multicolored sprinkles (jimmies)
- Spread a 1 inch layer of whipped topping into bottom of graham cracker crust. Cover whipped topping with a layer of cookies. Cover cookies with another layer of whipped topping. Continue to alternate layers until cookies and whipped topping are gone. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours to allow cookies to soften. Top with sprinkles just before serving.