This creamy Mac n’ Cheese recipe is baked to perfection. The BEST version I have come across.
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, then spray a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta until tender, then drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko and parsley.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the flour followed by the milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add the cheese, stirring until thick and creamy.
- Add the macaroni, tomatoes, basil, and salt. Put into the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining panko mixture. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.