S’mores are my favorite treat. I really the classic version but am in love with these. The caramel really makes it special. I hope you enjoy these.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dry-roasted salted peanuts
- 10 large marshmallows
- Two 3.5-ounce chocolate bars milk chocolate with caramel filling, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, cream both sugars and the butter together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the butter mixture and the flour mixture together. Mix until just combined; the batter should be stiff.
- In another bowl, combine the chocolate chips and nuts. Add to the batter.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Let cool.
- Toast marshmallows over a flame until melted. Sandwich one piece of chocolate filled with caramel and a melted marshmallow between 2 cookies. Repeat.