My wife is a peanut butter fiend. She loves the stuff. Obviously, she couldn’t pass up the chance to add peanut butter to Rice Krispies treats. These things are incredible and super simple to make.
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 5-¾ cups Rice Krispies
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, melt butter on low heat.
- Once the butter has melted, keep the heat on low and add marshmallows.
- Once marshmallows begin to soften and melt, add peanut butter.
- Constantly stir the mixture so the peanut butter does not burn and the marshmallows can evenly melt (About 5 minutes).
- Once, the mixture is combined and melted, turn off heat and remove pan from the stove.
- Add rice krispy cereal to saucepan and stir until evenly coated with mixture. Warning, very sticky.
- Pour the loose mixture into a casserole dish. Coat hands with oil and pat down the mixture until firmly compacted.
- Allow 30-45 minutes for treats to set up.