Chicken wings are dipped in flour and spices, then baked until their skin is nice and crispy. Coat them with some homemade buffalo sauce and your family will devour these Crispy Baked Chicken Wings in Buffalo Sauce as quickly as mine did. They are perfect for game day parties, too!
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp black pepper, coarse ground
- 1/3 cup (plus a little) Chili powder
- 2 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, sea preferred for its fine grain
- 1 large bottle of Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 stick of butter
- 15-25 Wings
- Combine dry ingredients in a gallon plastic bag.
- Place wings in the bag, close, and shake until all are completely covered in the spice mixture.
- Using a strainer, shake off the excess flour/spice.
- Place wings on a standard plate and refrigerate for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Place 1 1/2 T vegetable oil onto a standard cookie sheet coating the pan.
- Repeat flour/spice coating process for a second time. Shake off excess and place side by side on the oil-prepared pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place wings in a pan and mix to fully coat wings with oil.
- Place in the 375-degree oven and for 60 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of cooking, remove briefly from the oven and turn each wing over to crisp and cook on the reverse side.
- Combine 1 bottle of Frank’s RedHot sauce and 1 stick of butter in a small saucepan. Warm until butter melts.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then place all wings in a metal or glass bowl. Pour sauce mixture over the wings and mix.