Slow-cooked beef short ribs used in two ways. This is so delicious! Put the meat in a hoagie roll and serve with the reserved broth for dipping. Or, moisten with your favorite barbecue sauce and serve on a toasted bun.
- cooking spray
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 5 pounds beef short ribs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed beef consomme (such as Campbell’s ®)
- 1/2 (10.5 ounce) can water
- Prepare a slow cooker crock with cooking spray.
- Spread celery, carrots, onion, and garlic in the bottom of the crock. Season short ribs with salt and pepper; place atop the vegetables. Pour beef consomme and water into the crock.
- Cook on High until the ribs are fork-tender, 5 to 7 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker to a platter. Strain the broth and discard the vegetables.
- Strip meat from the bones of the ribs. Discard bones and transfer meat to a bowl. Shred meat with 2 forks and serve with strained broth.