Chocolate and peanut butter are a perfect pairing. I love love this dish. The banana slices really make it delicious. My husband asks me to make it constantly.
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup bittersweet chocolate pieces
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- whipped cream, for garnish
- 1 banana, sliced, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, for garnish
- In a medium saucepot, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Whisk in the milk, cream, and vanilla, then bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, whisking constantly, for a minute or two, or until the pudding begins to thicken then remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate pieces and the peanut butter and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Chill for 2-3 hours and then serve
- Garnish with whipped cream, banana slices, and chopped peanuts.