Delicious fluffy biscuits brushed with this incredible honey butter. Brings me back home.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Little more flour for kneading surface
- 3 Tbsp salted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Dash of salt
- 5 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 425 and lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In an electric mixer, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low to combine ingredients.
- Chop cold butter into pieces and add it to the flour mixture. Mix on low, until the batter resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour in honey and mix for a few seconds.
- Pour cold buttermilk into the center of the mixture. Mix until just combined, the dough will be sticky.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and sprinkle with a little more flour on top. Knead dough 5-6 times and pat into a ½ inch-think circle.
- Using a cookie cutter (about 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter), cut out the biscuits. Add scraps back into a ball (kneading it as little as possible) and shape it into a circle again. Cut out more biscuits.
- Place biscuits on the baking sheet leaving about an inch in between.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter and honey. Using a pastry brush, brush each biscuit with honey butter mixture.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes (depending on the size of biscuits), until raised and golden brown.
- As soon as you take the biscuits out of the oven, brush them with more honey butter mixture.