Bake the very best homemade cornbread with this yummy recipe! This comes out crisp around the edges, fluffy on the inside, and packed with honey-butter flavor.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Coat 8×8 baking dish (or 8-inch cast-iron skillet) with spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all your wet ingredients: honey, egg, butter, milk, and water.
- In a separate bowl, combine all your dry ingredients: sugar, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Gently mix with fork to combine.
- While whisking, slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet until all combined.
- Pour mixture into greased 8 x8 baking dish (or cast iron).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until you get a clean toothpick.